Friday, June 12, 2009

Busy Day!

Today was a busy day...I mean BUSY!! We had some friends come in from Texas this past weekend, so we met them for lunch at Stromboli's (which, by the way, has awesome calzones) along with my brother in law Jesse, and a couple of other guys. It was the first time that James and I had eaten out in a long time. At least since Eli was born...and that's been almost 3 months. Needless to say, I was so excited to eat a meal that I had not prepared with my own hands or that James hadn't brought home from the local cafe : ) I was a little worried how Eli would do, seeing as how we hadn't eaten out with him yet, but he was so good! He slept the whole time!

After lunch, we went to Lowe's for a new stove, but instead we bought a new refrigerator!! It's a double door stainless steel...so excited about it!! We also met with a kitchen designer, and I think I am going to have her come out and look at some of my ideas for the kitchen. I'll try to take pics during the remodel.

We got home around 3:30, rested for about 30 mins or so and then headed to the park for a workout. What a workout it was!! James is like a drill sergeant when it comes to excercising. We did a LOT of lunges that totally kicked my rear, but it's completely worth it when you see your body changing shape. I walked for a little bit and then we watched Chase play on the playground.

So we are home now. Just finished eating dinner...we grilled hamburgers and had fries. No veggies. How horrible is that?? Oh well. Chase is about to have his bath and go to bed, and then James and I are going to watch "He's Just Not That Into You". I'll let you know how it is : )

6 comments:

Tiffany Miller said...

I must say this is the cutest blog I have ever seen! :) Very nice! :)

Lauren said...

Thanks Tiffany : )

Rossie said...

YAY! I love having new blogs to follow! It looks great!

STROMBOLIS!! AHH. I'm so jealous.

Lauren said...

Starkville is the best : )

amandacriss said...

hey lauren...your blog is so fun! very cute! hope you and james are having a great summer!!

Roan said...

I can't wait to keep up with your family via your blog!